Thursday, January 8, 2009

Spit Happens

So apparently Ryan has an intolerance to any and all formulas Ive tried. Which at current count is 5 different ones (in no particular order):
-Enfamil
-Isomil
-Similac
-Similac Organic
-Enfamil AR

I thought he'd outgrown it. I was wrong.

The results are hours of puking...like amazingly terrible puking.

His tiny little body stiffens up, and from deep within him, he brings up everything in his round little baby belly with a force so powerful I truly believe it would rock a Hawaiian island.

His body wants it OUT!

I love breastfeeding and I love the benefits he gets from breastfeeding. He is a great little nurser and currently, the majority of time this is not an issue...but there are times when it would be helpful to have a supplement. Like today...Grace had a doctors appt and I didnt have time to pump a feeding before I had to leave, and unfortuantely he was sleeping for 2 hours before I had to go, so I knew he would be hungry before I got back. I only have 2 bags of frozen milk in the freezer currently, as he nurses so often that I dont know when I would have a chance to pump. These are the times the occasional bottle of formula would be very handy.

Im so frusterated...and I really hate being puked on. Im sure I hate it just as much as little Ryan hates puking.

Anyone know of any other formulas out there that I havent tried that might work? Someone said just going right to cows milk....something Im just not comfortable with. He JUST turned 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment